In the era of digital communication, the website represents the business card of a company. The gateway to the products or services that the customer wishes to access. A web channel that knows how to always live up to the expectations of users and that is able to adapt to their needs, therefore, is now a fundamental tool for the success of a business.

To meet these needs, growth-driven design (GDD) has developed in recent years, a more flexible, more effective and cheaper alternative to traditional web design. If in the usual method of designing a website one is based exclusively on one’s own tastes or, at the most, on current trends, with the growth-driven approach everything revolves around the needs of those who use the portal, i.e. the final customers of the ‘company. Based on the navigation data collected, it is therefore possible to have a constantly evolving site, always ready to adapt to consumer preferences, to guarantee them an absolute level user experience.

But how does growth-driven design actually work?
The process starts from an initial strategic planning phase, in which the objectives to be achieved through the new website are established. In this first step it is essential to get a clear idea of ​​what the target audience will be, try to outline its characteristics and hypothesize, as accurately as possible, doubts and needs.

Once a complete picture of users and their needs has been defined, you can proceed to draw up a wishlist, that is a list of ideas that could enrich the site, improve the user experience and consequently bring company business objectives closer. This study phase, although fundamental for the purposes of the following steps, should not take more than a few weeks. As we have seen, in fact, the GDD is based on a concept of continuous development and improvement in progress.

At this point you can, therefore, proceed with the immediate launch of the site. A good strategy is to immediately implement 20% of the ideas of the wishlist in the portal, starting with those most strictly necessary, keeping the remaining 80% for the subsequent stages of enhancement. By doing so, even through a site still in its infancy, it will be possible to bring real people into contact with the corporate web channel and immediately begin to collect important data for its growth. It is therefore evident that, if in traditional web design the launch of the site represents the final phase of the process, in growth-driven design it is only the first step.